Five Ways To Find More Happiness
There is no doubt that we are currently living through a very tough economic downturn. The job market is horrible, stocks are down, home prices still have not bottomed, and just about anything thing else you can think has turned the wrong direction. In times like this, it is even more important to find the little things that make happiness. The best part is that they are free, they don’t care what your house is worth, and they don’t need any money. There are hundreds, you just have to be willing to find them. Here are five to get you started:
- Everyday do at least two things you would not normally do for someone. This can be anything to anyone. It is amazing how much this can not only impact the person’s life you are helping, but also your own. Try it for a week or two and you will see it will lift your spirits.
- Focus on the good, not the bad. We all get caught in the day to day problems. It is important to find solutions to them, but letting them take control over you only leads to stress and anxiety. One way to overcome them somewhat is find more things that you have that are good. Make a list if you have to, but try to remind yourself everyday of those good things. It won’t solve your problems, but it may give you a better state of mind to tackle them.
- Watch less TV. TV is full of stress, it takes away from family communication, and it creates a feeling of needing instant satisfaction. Many will argue this one, but try it before you comment.
- Talk more. The best is with your family, but if that does not work with you, find a friend, or a co-worker. Communication helps relieve stress and sometimes puts things into perspective by giving you someone else’s view.
- We all make mistakes, learn from them but don’t obsess with them. The best make mistakes, big and small. When they do, they learn and move on making them a stronger person then before. Beating yourself up does not help and only keeps you down.